My mission is to help as many people as possible to optimize their health and well-being on every level—physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Some people may find my unique approach overly religious or too New Age or even dangerous.
All this would have given my grandmothers a chuckle. But perhaps it’s true…
If it’s overly religious to acknowledge an Intelligent, perfect and balanced Universe and to further acknowledge that same Intelligence expressed in all creation, including us, then overly religious I am.
If it’s New Age to see value in ancient practices such as prayer, meditation and yoga, to seek self-awareness and to believe that love is the essence of who and what we are, then ship me off to Sedona.
If it’s dangerous to remind people that they are unique, magnificent expressions of Spirit and that they are more capable, more loving, more self-sufficient and more special than perhaps they have previously been led to believe, then I stand accused.
Another perception I am aware of is that my message is not practical. I can understand that one. Most of us are used to someone else telling us what to do.
It would be nice if I could give everyone the formula, the magic wand and fairy dust that would guarantee health and happiness instantly.
The fact is, however, that the answers lie only within us, and are accessible to us anytime we look inside.
But instead, we look outside of ourselves for answers and then bury our inner light with sugar and fast food and drugs and negative thoughts and then wonder why health and happiness seem so elusive.
So, to avoid at least one label, I will be as practical as I can, and share the rules by which I intend to live my life from this day forward (not necessarily in any order), and you are free to follow:
- Eat organic foods in as near the state that Mother Earth provided them as possible.
- Love everyone, including yourself (liking is optional).
- Work on your stuff, confront your fears, overcome your addictions.
- Laugh. A lot.
- Do what you love and love what you do.
- Move your body around. A lot.
- Drink purified water. A lot.
- Chant, pray, meditate every single day. Get connected to your true self.
- Read more.
- Start listening to your body. It’s way smarter than you are.
- Don’t put anything into your body that it doesn’t need or that you cannot pronounce.
- Get your brain, spine and nervous system checked regularly and adjusted if necessary to remove interference to your life force (I couldn’t leave that one out!).
Jeffrey Ptak, DC, MA