Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Why Visit a Chiropractor?
More and more people are seeking effective, natural alternatives to traditional medicine to take greater control of their well-being. Perhaps they want to avoid surgery or cut down their lengthy list of prescription drugs. As a proven, medication-free health delivery system, Chiropractic is a responsible way to approach your health, your healthcare and your lifestyle. It was originally designed to remove interferences within the nervous system that keep you from living with full-on vitality.
Although removing pain is an integral part of patient care, Chiropractic’s primary goals are wellness, true health and optimal performance. Therefore, while you may come to our office to resolve a specific problem, Dr. Jeffrey Ptak can also support you to overcome illness, achieve greater health and prevent or reverse serious risk factors for disease, which begins with proper spinal adjustment. In fact, many of our patients have experienced a wide range of benefits that extend far beyond spinal care, including:
- Identify causes and root problems of issues
- Reduced reliance on expensive medications
- Fewer sick visits to the doctor
- Recovering and returning to work faster
- Decreased pain and headaches
- Increased energy and vitality
- Sleeping better and feel more rested
- Moving more and without pain
- Improved digestion and elimination
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased immunity
- Overcoming depression and PMS
- Improved allergies and ear infections
- Better memory and thinking
- Doing chores without trouble
- Playing with kids/grandkids
- Making more money
- Feeling uplifted and happier
- Breathing easier and stressing less
- Stimulating many other lifestyle changes
The Spine and Your Health
Your spine surrounds and protects your spinal cord and nerves, which control your organs, muscles, immune system and your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Your ability to prevent disease relies on the condition of your spine and nervous system. A well-aligned spine is a major factor in determining whether your body is producing health (optimum physical, mental and social well-being) or disease. Spinal misalignment—known as subluxation—can develop from everyday activities. A pinched nerve or an abnormal curvature of the spine can result from any of the following:
- Falls, slips, car accidents, sports injuries or other trauma
- Poor posture (sleep, sitting, driving, position at work, etc.)
- Challenging birth process (particularly with medical intervention such as C-section or vacuum extraction)
- Lifestyle induced disease, such as obesity, that produces further physical strain.
- Any physical, mental, or chemical stress (chemical stress is caused primarily by processed foods, medications, and environmental toxins).
Not all of these root causes are avoidable, which is why the best way to care for your spine is with a disciplined, proactive approach. A healthy spine and nervous system can diminish serious injury, quicken recovery and promote healing. Dr. Ptak’s top priority is to correct your spine to optimize your nerve function.
When Should I Visit a Chiropractor?
Schedule an appointment with our office if you currently have or have had chronic or acute neck, back or low back pain. Other key indicators that you need to have your spine checked:
- Immune issues like allergies, and chronic colds and infections
- Difficulty sleeping and fatigue
- Blood pressure issues, or as part of an overall plan to fight illness
- After your initial evaluation, Dr. Ptak will adjust your spine to restore proper spinal alignment and remove the cause of your symptoms by removing pressure or damage on the nerves that are transmitting the pain or disrupting organ function.